– low in calories
– no saturated fats
– naturally cholesterol free
– source of vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin E, lutein and potassium
Grilled Nectarines with Blueberries
3 nectarines (cut into quarters and pits removed)
2 tablespoons of sugar
1/2 pint blueberries
Vanilla ice cream (Optional)
1. In a medium bowl, toss nectarines together with sugar. Set aside to soak for 15 minutes.
2. Heat grill to medium.
3. Stack two pieces of 10 inch by 12 inch aluminum foil on grill.
4. With a slotted spoon, transfer nectarines to grill. Keep any juice left in bowl.
5. Cover grill and cook 10 to 15 minutes, or until nectarines are charred and softened, turning occasionally.
6. Return nectarines to bowl, add blueberries, toss together.
7. Divide fruit into 4 bowls, drizzle with remaining juice.
8. Serve with ice cream and enjoy!