Selection and Storage:
– Nectarines are in season from mid-June to October.
– Look for well-ripe and soft nectarines.
– They should be placed in the refrigerator, but taken out to be room temperature before eating for the best flavor.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup milk
1 large ripe peach – peeled, pitted and diced
1 very ripe nectarine, pitted and diced
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). G
2. Grease 8 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
3. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Add vegetable oil, egg and milk; mix well. 4. Fold in diced peach and nectarine.
5. Fill each muffin tin to the top with muffin mix.
6. Sprinkle a little brown sugar onto the top of each uncooked muffin.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes.
8. Check muffins regularly after 15 minutes of baking.
9. Serve warm or cool and enjoy!