Prep and Serving:
– Gently wash in cold water
– Can be eaten raw with the peel, or cut into half and removing the pit.
– To peel, slice a small cross at the base, dip into boiling water for 1 minute, then quickly dip into cold water, skin should be able to be peeled off from cross.
4 cups sliced nectarines
1/2 cup cold water
1/3 cup unpacked brown sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup milk
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened
Cinnamon sugar for sprinkling
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. To prepare the topping: In a medium-size bowl, stir together the flour, the sugar, and the baking powder. Add the milk and the butter and beat until smooth.
3. To prepare the filling: In a large saucepan, combine all the ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture is thickened and bubbly, about 5-10 minutes. Pour into an ungreased 13×9-inch glass baking dish.
4. Spoon the topping over the filling and spread carefully and evenly with a rubber spatula.
5. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
6. Bake 30-40 minutes or until topping is lightly golden and a cake tester inserted into the center of topping comes out clean.
7. Serve with ice cream or alone!