– Low in calories
– Good source of folate (can prevent neural tube defects during preganancy), potassium (reduces blood pressure and heart rate), and vitamin A
– Peel is a source of dietary fiber (reduces constipation, offers protection against colon cancers)
Baked Zucchini Chips
Makes 4 servings
2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
2 egg whites
1. Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F (245 degrees C).
2. In one small bowl, stir together the bread crumbs, pepper and Parmesan cheese.
3. Place the egg whites in a separate bowl.
4. Dip zucchini slices into the egg whites, then coat the breadcrumb mixture. Place on a greased baking sheet.
5. Bake for 5 minutes in the preheated oven, then turn over and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes, until browned and crispy.