Selection and Storage:
– In season during late spring and summer, but are available all year
– Small to medium sized, shiny green skin, firm and heavy
– Best size is 6 to 8 inches long and 2 inches or less in diameter
– Avoid those with soft and wrinkled ends
– Store in plastic bag in refrigerator drawer
– Can be stored 2-3 days
Makes 12 patties
2 cups grated zucchini
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Salt to taste
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. In a medium bowl, combine the zucchini, eggs, onion, flour, Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, and salt. 2. Stir well enough to distribute ingredients evenly.
3. Heat a small amount of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Drop zucchini mixture by heaping tablespoonfuls, and cook for a few minutes on each side until golden.
5. Enjoy with condiments of your choice or in a hamburger bun!