Prep and Serving:
– Wash thoroughly in cold, running water before cooking
– Scrub if dirt is visible
– Trim the bases
– It is recommended to leave the peel on!
– Zucchini is extremely versatile! It can be steamed, boiled, grilled, stuffed and baked, barbecued, fried, baked into bread or cake, eaten raw, sliced or shredded into cold salad, or cooked into hot salad
– Can be eaten simply fried with butter or oil with herbs which allows it to partially boil and steam
Chocolate Zucchini Cake
Makes 1 – 9×13 inch pan
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups white sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
3 cups grated zucchini
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Grease and flour a 9×13 inch baking pan.
3. In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
4. Add the eggs and oil, mix well.
5. Fold in the nuts and zucchini until they are evenly distributed. Pour into the prepared pan.
6. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes in the preheated oven, until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. 7. Cool cake completely before frosting with your favorite frosting.