– Excellent source of Vitamin C (helps to support immune system, reduced severity of inflammatory conditions)
– Good source of pectin (aids with both constipation and diarrhea)
– Helps to lower cholesterol
– Low glycemic index (excellent for people with diabetes or others who need to maintain low blood glucose levels)
Grapefruit and Onion Salad
Makes 4 servings
2 grapefruits, peeled
1/2 red onion, peeled
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
Pinch each salt and ground black pepper
1 teaspoon poppy seeds (optional)
1. Peel grapefruits and slice crosswise into thin rounds.
2. Arrange grapefruit slices on a platter.
3. Slice the red onion and sprinkle over the grapefruit slices.
4. Drizzle with the olive oil and sherry vinegar and season with salt and black pepper.
5. Sprinkle the poppy seeds over top to garnish.