Prep and Serving:
– Wash under cool water
– Cut the fruit horizontally into two halves and scoop out its sections using a spoon. Feel free to sprinkle with sugar or cinnamon!
– Can also be sliced into a fruit salad or used as a garnish with chicken
Makes 8 servings
1 cup sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1 1/2 cups water
1 (3-ounce) box strawberry gelatin (Jello)
2 large red grapefruits, sectioned
1 prebaked pie shell
Whipped cream, for serving
1. In medium saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch, add water and cook over medium heat until thick and clear.
2. Add strawberry gelatin and stir to dissolve.
3. Let cool, and add grapefruit sections.
4. Pour mixture into baked pie shell and chill until firm, about 2 hours.
5. Top with whipped cream and serve.
6. Enjoy alone or with your favourite ice cream!