– Excellent source of vitamin C (essential nutrient!) and vitamin K (prevents excessive bleeding, suspected to aid in bone health)
– Great source of dietary fiber (reduces appetite, regulates blood sugar, lowers “bad” cholesterol, alleviates constipation, may reduce risk of colorectal cancer)
– Good source of selenium (may reduce the risk of developing prostate cancer), lutein (great for your eyes!)
Makes 4 servings
2 cups broccoli florets
1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
1 tablespoon Montreal steak seasoning
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. Combine the broccoli and bell pepper in a bowl.
3. Sprinkle the steak seasoning, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper over the vegetables; drizzle with the olive oil and toss to coat.
4. Spread the vegetables into a shallow baking dish.
5. Bake in the preheated oven until the vegetables are tender and beginning to brown, 15 to 20 minutes.