– Mango should be avoided if you are taken warfarin as the Vitamin A content can cause negative interactions
– Excellent source of vitamin C (essential nutrient!)
– Good source of folate (can prevent neural tube defects during pregnancy)
Makes 10 servings, 1 loaf
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large eggs
3/8 cup vegetable oil
1 1/4 cups mangoes, peeled and chopped
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1/8 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and granulated sugar.
3. Beat eggs with vegetable oil and add to flour mixture.
4. Add mangos, lemon juice and raisins.
5. Mix well.
6. Pour into a greased 8×4 loaf pan.
7. Bake for about 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean.