– Kale is very high in beta carotene (our body converts this into Vitamin A which is important for growth and development, maintaining a healthy immune system, and good vision)
– High in vitamin K (used by the body to synthesize certain proteins which are used for blood coagulation, as well as the development of bone and other tissues)
– High in vitamin C (essential nutrient!)
– Rich in calcium (crucial for healthy cells, bones, and teeth)
– Source of lutein and zeaxanthin (maintain eye health)
– Contains bile acid sequestrants (lower cholesterol and decrease absorption of dietary fat)
Makes 6 servings
6 cups torn stemmed kale
2 tsp olive oil
1 pinch salt
1 pinch paprika
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
2. Toss together kale, oil, salt and paprika; arrange in single layer on parchment paper–lined baking sheet.
3. Bake in oven until crisp and dark green, 12 to 15 minutes.