Selection and Storage:
– Kale is at its best during winter months from November until March
– Buy fresh green leaves featuring crispy, crunchy, brilliant dark blue-green color.
– Extremely perishable so should be used quickly
Stir Fried Kale
Makes 6 servings
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup bread crumbs
3 bunches kale – washed, dried, and shredded
1. Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large frying pan.
2. Add onions and garlic; cook and stir until soft.
3. Mix in breadcrumbs, and cook and stir until brown.
4. Stir in kale, and cook until wilted.
5. Serve hot or warm.