Preparation and Serving:
– Do not wash blackberries until you are ready to use
– Rinse in a bowl of cold water, swish around to remove surface dirt, gently lift them out of water and pat dry using an absorbent towel, this will also help bring them back to normal room temperature, increases their flavor and enrich their taste
– Blackberries can be used in desserts, jams, seedless jelly, wine, pies, crumbles, candy, fruit/vegetable salad, ice cream, sorbets, juice
– Can be eaten raw
Makes 1 9×13 inch cobbler
1/2 cup butter
2 cups self-rising flour
2 cups white sugar
2 cups milk
3 1/2 cups blackberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Once oven temperature is reached melt butter in a 9×13 inch baking pan.
3. In a medium bowl stir together the flour, sugar and milk; batter will be slightly lumpy.
4. Pour mixture on top of melted butter in baking pan.
5. Do not mix butter and mixture together.
6. Drop blackberries into batter; if more crust is desired add less blackberries.
7. Bake in preheated oven for one hour or until golden brown.