– Less calories and more nutrients than peas that are shelled
– Excellent source of vitamin C, vitamin A, and vitamin K
– Good source of the various B vitamins, iron, and manganese
– Great source of dietary fiber when eaten whole
Sauteed Sugar Snap Peas
Makes 6 servings
1 1/2 pounds sugar snap peas
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Remove and discard the stem end and string from each sugar snap pod.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
3. Add the sugar snap peas, salt and pepper and saute, tossing occasionally for 3 to 5 minutes, until the sugar snap peas are crisp tender.
4. Place the sugar snap peas in a serving bowl, and serve.