Preparation and Serving:
– To prepare snap peas, wash the pods in cold water, and pat dry
– Before eating, snap pea pods may need to be “stringed,” which means to trim the stem end and remove the stringy fiber on either side of the pods
– Over-cooking the pods will make them come apart
– You can cook the whole pod just for a few minutes in boiling water, and serve with dipping sauce as an appetizer
– Snap peas can be served in salads, omelots, soups, stews, eaten whole, stir-fried or steamed, stuffed, batter fried, used as an alternative to french fries
Snap Pea Fries
Makes…as many as you want!
Salt & pepper
1. Set oven to 350.
2. Rinse snap peas, dry, and scatter on a baking sheet.
3. Spray with cooking spray and toss to coat.
4. Sprinkle with spices.
5. Bake for 15 minutes.
6. Remove from oven, flip, and bake for 15 more.
7. Top with parmesan if you like, or enjoy as is!