– 1 plum can provide up to 10% of a person’s daily Vitamin C requirements
– A plum also provides 5% of daily Vitamin A requirements, which can contribute to vision, development, the immune system
– A single plum contains 5% of daily Vitamin K values, a vitamin that helps maintain bone density and healthy blood coagulation
Makes 2 cups
– 15-20 small to medium plums
– 6 cloves garlic, minced
– 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
– 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
– 1/4 cup soy sauce
– 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
1. Slice plums in half and discard pits. Cut each half into about 6 chunks.
2. Mix plums in a saucepan with garlic, onion, ginger, soy sauce, and chili sauce.
3. Heat on medium for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Blend well with an immersion blender and add water to thin if desired.
5. Store in the freezer up to six months or the fridge up to two weeks.