- 1 large eggplant, sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick pieces (about eight)
- 2 eggs, beaten with a fork
- 1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs (Japanese style bread crumbs. Can be purchased at most grocery stores )
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (25-ounce) jar pasta sauce (any variety)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven with a baking sheet inside to 375°F.
- Coat eggplant slices with beaten egg, then bread with panko crumbs.
- Spread oil on baking sheet and place eggplant slices on it in a single layer.
- Bake 15 minutes, flip and bake another 10 minutes.
- Increase oven temperature to 475°F.
- In an 8×10-inch ovenproof dish, layer pasta sauce, then eggplant, and top with cheeses. Repeat, finishing with cheese.
- Bake until the cheese melts and turns golden in spots, about 15 minutes.