Summer has us dreaming of fresh salads, but sometimes you can feel like your salad game is in a rut. While a trusty olive oil/balsamic/Dijon dressing never fails, sometimes you need something new to shake things up.
Enter this recipe from GimmeDelicious.
Like the blog post title tells you, it’s a combo of avocado, cilantro, and lime, and – oh boy – it is the perfect combination of avocado, cilantro, and lime. I made this this past winter and I swear it felt like a blast of refreshing summer.
You’re probably drooling right about now (I definitely am) so without further ado, here’s the recipe:
- 1 avocado
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup low-cost sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice (or lemon juice or white vinegar)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender
- Process until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides a few times
- Thin the dressing out with about 1/3 cup of water (give or take, adjust to your preference)
- You’re done! If you have leftovers, keep them in an airtight container for up to 1-2 weeks.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 2 mins
Total time: 7 mins
Serves: 1 cup
Original author: Layla, GimmeDelicious