- 1 cup watermelon
- 1 cup kale (cut into ribbons/slaw-style)
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes
- 5 leaves basil
- 1/4 onion
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Wash kale, tomatoes, and basil under cold water – this keeps them crisp and fresh!
- Julienne the kale [click here for a quick video on how to do this]
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half
- Cut watermelon into cubes
- Julienne the basil
- Slice the onion
- Combine the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and salt and pepper – adjust to your preferred taste
- Toss all the ingredients together – voila!
This recipe is brought to you by PeerConnect’s chef peer coaches. Come out to the market for free samples of a new recipe each Thursday!