Thank you for all of your support!
If you are in Toronto, come visit the Good Food Market on January 15th between 11:45AM and 3:00PM at 200 King St. E in the main lobby. We have affordable and quality fruits and veggies to purchase!
In the meantime, in case you forgot to make dessert for Christmas dinner…
Apples and Spice Cinnamon Bread Pudding
Makes 4 servings
4 slices bread (cinnamon)
4 large eggs
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup light brown sugar (loosely packed)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 tbsps butter
1 apple (large, cored, peeled and cubed into 1/2 inch pieces)
2 tbsps light brown sugar (packed)
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
4 tbsps light brown sugar (packed, for sprinkling on top)
powdered sugar (for dusting)
pure maple syrup (for drizzling, if desired)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and lightly spray four 2 cup ramekins with non stick cooking spray.
2. Cube bread into 1/2 inch pieces and divide evenly between ramekins.
3. Place eggs, cream, brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla into a large bowl, whisk to combine.
4. Place butter into a medium skillet over medium heat.
5. Saute apples for 1 minute then add brown sugar and cinnamon.
6. Cook and stir for another minute.
7. Transfer apples and drippings into cream mixture then divide between ramekins over bread.
8. Top with 1 tablespoon brown sugar on top then bake for 30-35 minutes, until puffed and cooked through.
9. Remove and dust with powdered sugar and drizzle with just a touch of pure maple syrup if desired.