SKINNY BROCCOLI SALAD WITH A POPPY SEED DRESSING
Today we have more blueberries in the form of a salad
Poppy Seed Dressing
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt, plain
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 1/2 pounds broccoli florets
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 large apple, diced
Mix together the ingredients for the dressing, and set aside. In a large bowl toss together the broccoli, blueberries and apples. Pour the dressing over the top,and toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least and hour prior to serving.
Recipe from: https://www.everydaymadefresh.com/skinny-broccoli-salad-poppy-seed-dressing/
ROASTED GARLIC ASPARAGUS AND MUSHROOMS
Here we have a nice healthy dinner side.
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 5 large white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Wash and prepare the vegetables. Cut off woody ends of the asparagus and cut into 2 inch pieces. Add to a medium-sized roasting pan.
- Slice mushrooms and add to pan.
- Add garlic, salt and pepper. Drizzle olive oil and toss to coat.
- Roast for 35 minutes.
Provided by: https://www.aheadofthyme.com/2015/12/roasted-garlic-asparagus-and-mushrooms/
- 1 cup watermelon
- 1 cup kale (cut into ribbons/slaw-style)
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes
- 5 leaves basil
- 1/4 onion
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Wash kale, tomatoes, and basil under cold water – this keeps them crisp and fresh!
- Julienne the kale [click here for a quick video on how to do this]
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half
- Cut watermelon into cubes
- Julienne the basil
- Slice the onion
- Combine the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and salt and pepper – adjust to your preferred taste
- Toss all the ingredients together – voila!
This recipe is brought to you by PeerConnect’s chef peer coaches. Come out to the market for free samples of a new recipe each Thursday!