ROASTED GARLIC ASPARAGUS AND MUSHROOMS
Here we have a nice healthy dinner side.
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 5 large white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Wash and prepare the vegetables. Cut off woody ends of the asparagus and cut into 2 inch pieces. Add to a medium-sized roasting pan.
- Slice mushrooms and add to pan.
- Add garlic, salt and pepper. Drizzle olive oil and toss to coat.
- Roast for 35 minutes.
Provided by: https://www.aheadofthyme.com/2015/12/roasted-garlic-asparagus-and-mushrooms/
Fully Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
A healthy roasted potato that can be for dinner itself, or be a nice side for a bigger meal. A healthy meal that can be made for 1 or 2, but can also be great for guests.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp coriander
- ¼ tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium tomato, diced small
- 2 scallions, finely sliced
- ¾ cup black beans
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 Tbsp freshly minced cilantro for garnish
- 1. Preheat the oven to 450F.
- 2. Wash, scrub and dry the sweet potatoes.
- 3. Place a drying rack on top of a cookie sheet and put the sweet potatoes on top. By baking on a rack, no part of the skin will get soggy which will make stuffing them easier. Bake for approximately an hour turning every 20 minutes. (The sweet potatoes are done when they are soft to the touch and just starting to puff up, so you can tell the flesh is shifting away from the skin.)
- 4. Remove from the oven and let cool enough to handle, about 15 minutes.
- 5. Using a sharp knife gently slice away the top third of the sweet potato. With a small spoon carefully scoop away the inside of the sweet potato and put the flesh into a medium bowl.
- 6. Mash the flesh with a fork and whip in cumin, coriander, salt and a generous amount of freshly ground pepper. Stir in tomatoes, scallions, black beans and lime juice.
- 7. Divide the mixture in half and carefully stuff back into the potato skins, you can overfill them as long as they can stay upright.
- 8. Place potatoes back on the rack and bake for another 15 minutes.
- 9. Serve hot garnished with cilantro.
- Prep Time: 20min
- Cook Time: 55min
- Total Time: 95min
- Serves: 2
Read more at http://www.foodnetwork.ca/recipe/fully-stuffed-sweet-potatoes/12094/#DSsOlahwgl2VqLKP.99