Sweet Potato Soup
- Chop sweet potato into similarly sized pieces.
- Add to a soup pot.
- Add vegetable stock – enough to cover sweet potatoes.
- Bring to a boil and let simmer until sweet potato is cooked.
- Blend mixture into smooth puree.
- Add 1 can evaporated milk & salt to taste.
- Reheat if necessary.
- Chop Kale
- Chop Pepper (Orange/ Yellow)
- Chop Carrots
- De-seed Pomegranate
- Add all into a large salad bowl
* Chop 1 whole onion
* Chop garlic (to taste)
* Peel and chop 1 butternut squash
* Chop cauliflower into bite sized pieces
* Chop mushrooms (we used Portobello – 3 & white button mushrooms – 1 8oz. Package).
* Fry onion in large pot with olive oil (on medium heat) until onion is translucent
* Add the garlic – fry until fragrant
* Add one cube of vegetable stock for seasoning
* Add a couple tablespoons of Curry Paste (We used WoodChuck, available at any Caribbean grocery store)
* Add squash
* Once it softens, add cauliflower and mushroom
* Cook for 15 min
* Serve with rice
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 3 cups grated carrots (appx. one pound)
Begin by heating your oven to 350-F and preparing two 9″ round cake pans by lining the bottom with wax paper, (do not grease or flour). In a large mixing bowl sift together the flour, sugar, soda, cinnamon and salt. Add to that the eggs, vegetable oil and grated carrots, mixing until well combined. Divide batter evenly between the two cake pans and bake for 30 minutes. (When finished baking be sure and let cakes cool completely before frosting, as the icing will easily melt if cake is the slightest bit warm.)
Chef Suzanne’s amazing butter frosting
- Melt one stick of butter (over med-low heat)
- In a blender add the following:
- Melted butter
- ½ cup icing sugar
- Juice from 1 lemon
- ¼ cup of fruit jam (we used summer fruit)